Before you can push emails into the system, you need to install and configure the Outlook Add-in. Please refer to the add-in setup article for instructions.
Advanced push allows you to push one or more emails into an object in Deals and Alliances. But unlike the quick-select, advanced push also lets you :
- Create a new object on the fly,
- Choose which attachments you want to push and which ones you don't need,
- Choose a subfolder to push attachments into,
- Delete the original email.
Using advanced push
- After selecting your email(s), select the type of object you want to push to.
- Click on "Advanced push". A new tab will be then opened :
Note that after clicking on "Advanced push", if the add-in detects that contacts linked to the email don't yet exist in the application, it will automatically display the Contact Push pop-up (if activated in the settings).
- Start typing in the name of the object (in the above example, an opportunity). The auto-complete feature on the name field will suggest matches as you type.
- If you select an already existing object, the page will reload and display the data already populated for that object and you can edit these fields.
- If you want to create a band-new object, just type in the full name and be sure to populate the rest of the required fields in the form.
- The Emails section displays the list of emails you are pushing. You can rename the email if needed.
- Select the attachements you also want to push into the system.
- Chose the document subfolder you want each document to be pushed to.
- Define if document is covered by CDA/NDA. To learn what this means, please refer to the document management article.
- If you only need the attachments and do not need to push in the email itself, check this option.
- Click Save.