You can import meetings from ongoing and past conferences.
The BIO Connector is connected to the biggest biopharma events, such as :
- BIO International Convention
- BIO Europe (Spring & Fall)
- BIO Asia International Conference
- BIO Latin America Conference
- BIO CEO & Investor Conference
- and many more...
How does it work?
The import process can be launched from the meetings page of your Inova application :
If the "Import meetings" button is not visible, press Ctrl + F5 to force a cache refresh.
If the button is still not visible after this, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
You can quickly and easily import all your BIO meetings into your Inova system in a few steps.
Step 1 - Choose a conference to import
- Start by selecting the conference you wish to import from the drop-down list. You can import the meetings from ongoing and past conferences.
- The tags before the names of the conferences indicate the status of the import :
- NEW means that no meeting has been imported yet.
- ONGOING means that some meetings have been imported for some participants.
- DONE means that all the meetings have been imported.
Step 2 - Identify who attended the conference
Once the conference is selected, you need to associate the attendees (from your company) with existing contacts/users in your Inova system and then map them.
- If some attendees have not been identified in your Inova application yet, an alert will inform you that you need to map them before being able to import their meetings.
- Click on the "Map Contacts" button to map the conference attendees to the application's contacts/users.
A table will then appear with the list of the attendees to the conference from your company and the corresponding contacts or users found in the application.
- Attendees from your company, registered to the conference.
- Corresponding contacts or users within your Inova application.
- If you see a check mark, it means that this person is a user in your Inova application. Otherwise, it is an internal contact.
- If an attendee has not been mapped yet, a "Confirm" button is visible at the end of the line.
- Click on the cross if you think that an attendee is not mapped to the correct contact/user.
- After clicking on the cross, you can either click on the "+ Create" button to create a new internal contact, or use the autocomplete to find an already existing contact/user.
- Then, click on the "Confirm" button to validate the mapping.
- The NEW tag means that a new internal contact will be created in you Inova application.
- Click on "Ok" to validate your choices.
It is very important to properly map attendees to your contacts/users to ensure that the meetings will be associated to the right people within your company.
Step 3 - Choose the meetings to import
Once the conference is selected and the mapping is done, you can then choose which meetings you need to import.
- Your meetings : to import only the meetings where you are a participant.
- Meetings of all attendees from your company : to import the meetings of all the participants.
- Meetings of some attendees from your company : to choose from the list of registered participants those for whom you want to import meetings.
- The page also shows details about the status of the import, i.e. the number of meetings you had at the conference and how many were already imported.
- Click on "Start importing" when ready to go to the next step.
Step 4 - Identify Companies, Contacts and assets that are already in Inova
The Next page lists all the meetings found in the partnering system and available for import.
They are grouped into three categories:
- Ready to import : List of meetings for which a match has automatically been found, i.e. the company/attendee/asset has either already been mapped during a previous import, or its name is close enough to ones found in your Inova system.
- Action required : List of meetings for which no proper matching company/contact/user/asset has been found in your Inova application. These meetings will require a specific attention and manual validation.
- Imported : List of meetings already imported previously.
- Check this box if you also want to import the canceled meetings (by default only scheduled meetings are imported).
The platform automatically compares the names of the companies, contacts and assets with the ones in your platform. If no match is found the application will recommend to create a new record.
- The NEW flag means that the company/attendee/asset will be automatically created.
- A warning sign can appear if the application automatically detects that an attendee is potentially linked to the wrong company.
If you meet with the same company/participant in several conferences, you will have to map them only once, ie when importing the first conference.
Step 5 - Import the meetings
Once you have completed the mapping, you will need to finalize the import:
- Go to the "Ready to import" tab.
- Select all the meetings you wish to import (they are all selected by default).
- Click on the "Import x meeting(s)" button to import all the selected meetings at once.
- Go to the "Action required" tab.
- Import individually each meeting by clicking on the "Import" button.
You can run the import several times to import the meetings newly scheduled and changes to meetings already imported. When clicking on the "Start Importing" button of a conference, this will automatically update the time/attendees of the previously imported meetings.
If you are going to attend one of the BIO Conferences soon, here are some tips and tricks to save time.
- The day before the conference : In your Inova application, go to the meetings lister and add some filters to get the list of all the meetings you will attend during this conference (i.e. meetings previously imported). Then export them to an Excel file.
- During the conference : Take some notes in this Excel file.
- After the conference : In your Inova application, go to the meetings lister and add some filters to get the list of all the meetings you attended. Click on the "Edit Page" button to transform your meeting list into an editable format. Then copy/paste your notes from your Excel file and save.