Enabling an inactive/unloaded add-in is often trickier than enabling a disabled add-in.
Normally, you should be able to enable it simply by trying the following first:
- Re-enable the Outlook add-in.
- Change the load behavior of the Outlook add-in.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the Outlook Add-in.
But, in practice, Outlook may unfortunately keep deactivating/unloading the add-in every time it restarts. This might be due to a registry configuration.
Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious system-wide issues that may require you to re-install Windows to fix them.
So, before making any changes in the Windows Registry, we strongly recommend that you make a backup of the registry first and contact your internal IT staff for assistance to perform these changes.
For more information about how to back up and restore the registry in Windows, please refer to this Microsoft article.
Therefore, if the above articles do not solve the issue and the add-in is still being displayed as inactive, please take the following steps (you need to have Administrator privileges on your machine to do so):
- Close Outlook.
- Uninstall the Outlook add-in from your Windows Control Panel.
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to initialize the execution command field.
- In this field, type regedit and press Enter to open your Windows Registry Editor.
- Locate the following registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins and delete the folder named InovaPushAddIn,
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Addins (replace 16.0 with your actual Outlook version if needed) and delete the folder named InovaPushAddIn,
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Resiliency (replace 16.0 with your actual Outlook version if needed) and remove the REG_BINARY keys found in the 5 folders: CrashingAddinList, DisabledItems, DoNotDisableAddinList, NotificationReminderAddinData and StartupItems.
- Close your Windows Registry Editor.
- Delete (or rename) the configuration file of the Outlook add-in, as explained in this article.
- Install the latest version of the add-in (Standard Installation via the setup.exe file or Centralized Installation via the package).
- Start Outlook.
- Click on the "Inova" tab and then on the "Settings" button.
- Configure the add-in.
- Then, once the add-in is up and running again, please run the REG program provided in this article to prevent it from being disabled.
Here is an overview of the released versions of Outlook and their version numbers in case you need this information for step 5:
|Version name||Version number|