If the "Inova" icon is greyed out and you can’t click on it, that means it has been disabled.
This may be due to multiple reasons.
The add-in will not be activated in the following situations:
- You have not clicked on an email
- You try to push a draft email
- You try to push a .msg or .eml file which is an attachment to another message
- You try to push .msg or .eml file opened from the file system
- You try to push an email from a shared mailbox, an archive mailbox, or a public folder
- Outlook is in Offline mode
These cases are not supported, it is therefore normal that the button is greyed out in the ribbon.
You will find detailed information in this Microsoft article: Mailbox items available to add-ins.
The Reading Pane is hidden
The Add-in will only be usable when viewing an existing email in your account. It can’t be used from the list view or from the compose window.
If you have turned off the Reading Pane, the Inova button will be greyed out:
If you want to use the add-in, then you have two possible options:
- You can to turn on the Reading Pane. The Inova button will then turn blue and will be usable from the Home tab on the ribbon. For instructions on how to turn on the Reading Pane in Outlook, please read this Microsoft article: Use and configure the Reading Pane to preview messages.
- If you don't want to enable the Reading Pane, then the add-in will only be usable from the Messages tab on the ribbon when an individual email is open.
No email is selected
You must have selected an email in Outlook for the add-in to be usable. The button will be greyed out if you have selected a conversation title or a grouping title.
If the above-mentioned explanations and solutions did not help you resolve the issue, you can reach out to our Support Team who would be happy to troubleshoot further!