The "User management" section allows the administrator to create, edit, and disable users, to manage user rights, and assign groups and profiles.
This link will redirect you to the Admin Center which centralizes user management for all of your Inova apps (i.e. Inova Classic (formerly Inova Partnering Platform), Inova Next Generation (formerly Lead Space) and the Admin Center itself). From here, you will be able to do the following:
- Create users
- Disable users
- Modify users’ details
- Manage access to apps & Admin privileges
- Reset user passwords
Access here the dedicated guide to implement these actions on the Admin Center.
Manage Rights, Groups and Profiles
Via this link, you stay within your Inova Classic platform and you will be able to do the following:
- Manage user rights on the different modules
- Create/modify user groups
- Create/modify profiles
These are the current user groups and levels of access control within those groups that are included in the Inova Classic application suite.
- Super User - Broadest level of access within the system - can create objects as well as view, edit & delete all objects in the module even when not specifically listed as a member of the authorization list on restricted objects.
- Executive - The Executive user has Read-Only access to all business objects, including those marked confidential. As with regular Read-Only users, this user cannot create or edit objects, and his or her UI will have the same limitations as those described above.
- ReadWrite - This user can create business objects in the system and can read and edit all non-confidential business objects.
- ReadOnly - A Read-Only user can read all non-confidential business objects but cannot edit them. The only information a Read-Only user can add to the system is his or her Review responses. The UI for Read-Only users will not include some buttons and functions on both Overview screens and lists, including the following: Delete, New or Create New, Edit, Report or Run Report, Upload Document, Check Out and Lock, Edit in MS Office, Archive, and Assign To. Read-Only users can view objects, customize lists, use filter and sort tools, create saved views, and export lists. They can use the Email All function from the Contacts list or from a Contacts portlet, but they cannot send emails into the system using Email Push.
- Guest - As a Guest on the "Due diligence" module, you have a Read Only access, limited to the Overview tab, of the due diligence rooms you are invited to. You also have a full access to the Document Manager. You have no access to the linked business objects.
As a Guest on all other modules, you have Read Only access, limited to the Overview tab of non-restricted objects in that module. You have no access to contained objects (e.g. reviews, documents, emails, and activities).
Aside from the standard rights listed above, there are special groups that users can be added to, depending upon the application's license key and how the business wants the system to be managed.
- Administrator - The application administrator can access everything in the administration module only. Note: The Administrator is not a super user and does not by default have access to any other section or feature of the application. A user who has only this privilege may not create, edit, or view any business object, nor can he see objects or documents that are restricted.
- Allow To Share Contact Groups - The group that a user usually creates are always private. If the administrator allows this control, the user will be able to create shared contact groups. More details in this article.
- Enable Search in Cortellis - To select only when your company has a Cortellis license to be able to automaticaly import asset from Cortellis, leverage the advance search interface in the menu, etc.
- Enable Import - To use the Import tool to bring data into the system via Excel lists of contacts, companies, asssets, etc. See this article for more details.
- Opportunities Inbox - To have access from another application.
The Manage User Groups section of the Administration module lists groups of users by module and access level. This portlet contains and allows the administrator to update the same information as Manage Users, but by user group rather than user name (to save time).
User groups are system-wide, not object or user specific. The users groups that are included in your installation of the application correlate to the types of licenses you purchased with the application.
When you click on a user group name, the overview page will be displayed, as shown below.
Click the Edit button to add or remove users from the group, then Save your changes.
Profiles allow to you adapt the layout of certain pages in the application to fit the priorities of different business groups in your company. They also allow you, at a high level, to understand and manage the various departments or groups of users using the system at any given point in time.
As an example, a BD manager may need their home page to feature the list of their ongoing, active licensing opportunities at the top of the page and displayed any related reviews down below. An alliance manager, on the other hand, would need the home page to focus on the list of ongoing agreements. Likewise, when viewing a specific company, the BD manager will want to see the linked opportunities and assets at the top of the page, whereas an Alliance manager will want the alliances and agreements tabs up near the top and opportunities below that.
Furthermore, some larger companies who have different teams managing opportunities by deal type can use profiles to better track those users and deal types in the application. For example, if In-Licensing and Out-Licensing deals are managed by different people, they can be assigned profiles that show that distinction. As the number of Inova Classic users at your company grows, profiles help you keep track of how those licenses are being distributed.
To create a profile, click the Profiles tab.
- Click on New Profile.
- Name the profile, add a description and then click on Save.
- In the Profile Overview, under Users, click Choose Profile Members to add users to the profile.
The page layout for each profile is managed per page or object. See this article to learn how to use Page Settings to change the layout of tabs on any page.