On the overview screen of a business object, the "Contacts" tab lists all the contacts linked to or associated with that object and describes that association.
We implemented the roles management feature to let you know at a glance who are the team members of a project/agreement and why.
You can ask your Administrator and/or your Inova Customer Success Manager to customize and add roles per type of objects (In-Licensing Projects, Agreements, Assets...) based on your needs.
Contacts and contacts groups in the tab are organized in several views to allow you to easily and quickly visualize and manage the roles of each of the persons linked to the business object.
For each view we display the number of contacts found:
This is the most important view, as it allows you to assign roles to contacts and then manage them.
This tab is displayed as the default view only if roles have been defined by your Administrator and/or your Inova Customer Success Manager.
For Alliance Management, here is an example of a Peer Matrix:
This view lets you know who is participating (or participated) in a review and on what review they are working (or worked) on.
This tab is displayed only if at least one review is linked to the object.
This view lets you know who receives notifications every time the business object is updated.
This tab is displayed only if at least one user is watching the object.
This is the default view if no roles are defined for this type of object.
Meaning of the icons
In the "Team" view, you will notice various icons. This allows you to know at a glance the role of each person.
- Application Users : Persons who can log into the application.
- External Contacts : Persons who are not users and are not within your company, though they may be affiliated with a partner company or a member of your network of experts.
- Mixed Contacts : A group composed of Application Users as well as External and Internal Contacts.
- Internal Contacts : Persons who are not users, but are contacts internal to your company.
- Owner : Application user who owns the object.
- Contact : One person who can be an Application User or an External/Internal Contact.
- Contacts group : A group composed of Application Users and/or External/Internal Contacts.
- Contacts without role : Persons for whom no role has been assigned yet.
- Details regarding a Contacts group : Mouse over this icon to view how many persons are in this group. Click on the icon to open a popup with the detailed list of the contacts.
In the "All" view, you will find some additional icons:
- Watchers : Application users who have added themselves as watchers of that object.
- Authorized Users : Application users granted to access restricted objects or documents.
- Reviewers : Application users and/or contacts invited to a participate in a review for that object.
Manage contacts and contacts groups
Link contacts and contact groups
To link an existing contact to your object, click on the "Add contact" or "Select contact" buttons:
Then, the system will display a popup that will enable you to add an existing contact and/or group. You will also be able to create a new contact.
- Select "Contact" or "Group".
- Start typing the name of the "Contact" or "Group" you want to add and then select it from the list that appears.
- You can also choose to create a new contact if it does not already exist.
- Once you have selected the contact in the list, you can assign one or several roles to him.
- Click on "Add".
Edit or remove contacts and contacts groups
You can edit or remove a contact from the "Team" or "All" views.
- Click the "three points" button next to a contact.
- Select "Edit" to modify a contact.
- Select "Remove" to unlinck a contact.
Emailing contacts and contacts groups
You can send an email to a contact, multiple contacts, or a contact group from any view.
- Check the box to select a contact / contacts group.
- Click on "Email".
Then, the system will display a popup that will offer you additional options and allow you to write your email.
- Add/Remove contacts and/or contacts groups.
- The option "Template" will send an email to the contact using an email template stored in the application. Use this option to standardize certain communications, such as declining an opportunity. Note that you can always personalize the content or settings of an email template.
- Settings include the options to send the email individually and/or to have a copy of the email stored in the application.
- Write your email or modify the content of the template you selected previously.
- Add some attachments if needed.
- Send the email.
For more information on the email feature, read this article.
Click the expand button to display the Contacts tab in list mode :
Here, you can filter and sort the list of contacts and use a couple of additional features:
- Export to Excel
- Email All : to open a new e-mail from your mail client automatically addressed to all the contacts in the list.
Note that all these views (Team, Reviewers, Watchers and All) are fixed, meaning that filters and sorts applied in the lister will not be reflected in these views.